Thursday, May 24, 2007

Day two...

Ok, first off: the house is not a shade ! It’s actually nice. WE HAVE SATELLITE TV !!!!! Nicki, you were right, after all it isn’t that bad. It can’t get any better. The only odd thing so far, is that the tap water has a very distinct taste of sulfur… yeah, weird but true. If I had any intestinal worms when I came here, they will probably be the last ones I ever carried, for the rest of my life !

Hmmm… we just heard a noise… kinda like a mouse chewing on the wood in the attic…?? ahem… well…

Anyways, the “guy” is actually very friendly. His “new Yorker” accent cracks me up, I love it !!! I’ll have to give it a try and learn it.

The “trailer” is HUGE. The truth comes out: there might actually be 120,000 records inside the thing, as David said. So, as we pack everything to get it ready for shipping, we have to average about 80 boxes (approx. 70 LPs each) per day. This is about 5,600 to 6,000 LPs per day. This is hard work, you guys. We were literally SWEATING today, the three of us! We were even thinking the possibility of contacting the Mission Office, or the local Elder’s Quorum to get some extra help when the FedEx people come to ship it away.

Gas price: $3,14/gallon (if anybody wondered)

So far, so good, though.

I’ll let Dan add anything I forgot to comment… which will probably be a lot…

Ye people of the MAD, Maddenites, I miss you, I love you all, ok? Don’t be sad, I’ll be back soon…

PS: this thing is taking too much to upload the pictures, so I will try to post them tomorrow...

3 comments:

Bennion said...

Glad I'm not one of those missionaries. Suckas! ha ha.

Anonymous said...

thank you for giving me credit where credit is due.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm how I love the smell of rotting eggs! Especially when you have to take a shower in it!