Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Day one #1

So, here we are, finally going to New York City, to pick up the One-Hundred-Million Record Collection thing… and guess what?? We’re stuck in traffic by Thanks Giving Point and it’s 9:05 am… the flight departs at 10:16
Let me make a recount…
We’re going to be staying at “somebody’s” house. Hopefully there will be a laundry room, a toilet… some services…? We don’t exactly know what to expect, but one thing is for sure: we’re saving some pennies by doing so… do you wonder what I think about it…? I would rather stay at a hotel, I think. I hope we’re not staying at some sort of Barn, shade… or something…

Update: we’re back at 75 Mph ! and it’s 9:25… we gotta hurry up !! Andrew Snow is giving us a ride to the airport

Well, so yesterday, I found out the the per diem money wouldn’t get to us until UFTER WE CAME BACK FROM THE TRIP !! What the heck !!! Dan and I flipped; we have no money to spend. So we talked to David, then to Janet… and then I went down to the budget office on the second floor, and talked to a very nice lady, who helped us. We’re going to get the money ($$$) at the end of this week! Or what does the budgeting office think? We are students… we have no money!!!
I was very upset, because we should’ve been told about this way ahead of time, so as to be able to work things out. Rule # 1 for College Environments: Never assume students have money. They don’t !

Oh, by the way, I got a wireless Internet Card. BYU provided us with one, but it wouldn’t fir in our Mac Book Pros. So I had to work things out on my very own. I purchased one… sad story. When I was doing the purchase, the guy first told me a wrong amount… so I had to pay more. Now, because I had to pay more than I had been told in the first place, I had to “split” thea amount between two bank cards. Well, the nice thing is that… THE GUY TOTALLY MESSED UP THE TRANSACTION !!! He ended up taking the whole amount from one of the two cards I gave him. So, right there, immediately, me Zion’s Bank account went to - $60 (That’s MINUS $60 !!!) That’s going to cost me about $35 in overdraft fees. Krap !!! I will have to “fight” that money, because t was their mess up, not mine, and at the end the bank doesn’t care what the situation was, they just apply the fee. Leeches !! Blood suckers !!! But I got the internet card, we’re going to be connected while in there. That was probably my biggest concern.

9:42 am… T minus 30 min. We’re late, not there yet… I hope we make it.

2 comments:

Charles said...

Funny. Very funny.

Bennion said...

I'm certain I never went 75 mph.