Thursday, May 24, 2007

Day Two #1: the arrival

At about 10:30 Tony and I flew in to the Newark airport and David met us at baggage claim and then we went and rented the car. We're driving a silver mini-van with leather seats...I honestly don't remember what model it is.

Anyways, we get out to the parking lot to pick up the car and David looks at me and says "You're driving. I'm too tired." *GULP* So yes, I got to drive in New York City and it was just as terrifying as everybody says it is. On top of that, the roads and exits are not very well marked at all and my co-pilots weren't always giving me the most timely driving directions (for which I might forgive them). After two hours of driving and still managing never to leave the state of New Jersey we pulled up to a Holiday Inn and checked in for the night.

Tony was snoring really loud. He says its because "he's sick." Poor kid. Oh well, atleast the continental breakfast has been really good.

Today we will be driving up to Saugerties. Hopefully days #2-21 will be a little less crazy.

2 comments:

Whitney Lewis said...

Wow... You're keeping a blog. :-) If y'all don't come back alive, can I have your excess $30 a day for food? And I know you can do better on your driving stories. I want to hear about the taxis trying to run you over. Spice it up a bit, will ya? :D

Charles said...

New Yorkers can't be worse drivers than Russians.